Everyone, including you, needs a delicious waffle recipe in their recipe books. This easy-to-make waffle recipe only requires six ingredients. And you do not need any leavening agent!
Most homes use waffles as a typical dish for breakfast. Some people prefer them served alone, others like them served with bacon and eggs, and some prefer berries and syrup.
Now let’s show you how to make excellent crispy waffles without baking powder.
Waffle Recipe Ingredients Without Baking Powder
Nowadays, numerous waffle recipes prefer a leavening agent. There is no problem with using a leavening agent. But some people do not like the baking powder, especially the aftertaste it leaves behind.
Some people switch to using aluminum-free baking powder, but such baking powders are not easy to find. However, if you do not have any baking powder in your pantry, then you are in the right place.
It is possible to make delicious waffles in LA without baking powder. You will get waffles that have a crispy taste instead of the usual fluffy waffles. And we think you will love it! Let’s show you how.
Replacing Baking Powder In Waffles
You can use the following ingredients as possible replacements if you do not want to use a leavening agent.
- Baking soda & vinegar or lemon juice. This waffle mixture creates a chemical reaction that causes it to expand the waffle, making it light and airy.
- Baking soda. It is the classic ingredient that can make any waffles you make fluffy and light.
- You can use buttermilk instead of milk. The buttermilk has a high percentage of fat, and that makes the waffles tender and smooth. It adds some tanginess to the pretty lovely waffles.
- Sparkling water. Many people use sparkling water for numerous recipes when there is no leavening agent. You can choose not to use half of the milk and use sparkling water instead.
- You can make the batter with yeast, but you put it in the fridge overnight.
If you are wondering how you can make the waffle rise, the answer is in the eggs. The eggs do not just act as a binder but also a raising agent.
When you are preparing the waffles, make sure you whisk up the batter well. The more you put energy into the whisking, the more it will become lighter and produce more bubbles. It is the bubbles you are searching for.
How To Make Waffles Without Baking Powder
- Get your ingredients
- Combine flour and sugar in the mixing bowl
- Whisk eggs, milk, buttermilk, and vanilla in a separate bowl
- Add the dry ingredients and stir to mix. Allow the batter to rest for two minutes
- Preheat the waffle iron. Pour ⅓ cup of batter into the waffle iron. Cook until golden grown (three minutes).
- Serve warm with your preferred syrup or berries.
As you can see, it is easy to make waffles without a leavening agent. However, if you want your waffles to be super fluffy, you can use the following recommended substitutions:
- Berries (frozen or fresh)
- Bacon and eggs
- Ham and cheese
You can also discover various vegan toppings by checking out this article.